Saturday 10 December 2011

Who Will Be Able To Keep Up?

Source click here
I found this entry in another online blog and wanted to share it with you. It follows on from the Guardian article discussed below, and highlights the danger that some species will be in if such rapid climate change continues. The post focuses on rattle snakes and I my attention was drawn to it because the author mentions how snakes’ past distribution and responses to climatic change can provide a clue to how they will cope in the future. If the rattle snakes can’t keep up and shift their ranges to track favourable environments then they could become extinct unless humans drastically intervene to create artificially suitable habitats or develop and maintain habitat corridors. I think I’ve covered the main points but click here to read the full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment